Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
Apply online today!
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Veterans United Foundation Scholarship creates opportunities for family members of service members and Veterans to achieve their educational dreams. The scholarship program, launched in 2012, is funded by contributions from Veterans United Home Loans and its employees.
The Veterans United Foundation Scholarship will be awarding up to 10 one-time scholarships for up to $50,000 for this upcoming semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, applicants must be:
- A surviving spouse or a surviving child of a deceased service member from a service-related death OR a veteran with a 100% service-connected disability.
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a college or university by the spring semester of 2020
- Pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Comfortable with sharing personal stories and aspirations with Veterans United Foundation
- Able to provide the following within three business days of application submission:
*Deceased parent or spouse's military documents (DD214 and death certificate /or DD1300)
*Official benefit letter showing disability rating (if applicable)
*Full FAFSA submission
*Proof of enrollment from your accredited college or university
*Government-issued photo ID
- Able to provide Veterans United Foundation with receipts or invoices related to eligible educational costs as they are incurred in order to receive payment. Eligible costs include tuition, books, fees, school materials and some aspects of room and board as determined by Veterans United Foundation.
Awards will be granted based on the following criteria:
- A typed essay
Share your story of how losing your spouse or parent has affected you. Explain who you are, where your life has taken you, and what you hope to pursue through your college education and beyond.
- Financial need
Determined by the Veterans United Foundation awards team and based on full FAFSA submission
- Additional information
Your community, church, athletic and school involvement or achievements, plus anything else you would like to have considered (may include photos, drawings, poems, writings, etc.).
· Fall 2019 Application Period: Starts August 28, 2019, at 8:00 am CST
Fall 2019 Application Period: Ends September 30th, 2019, at 8:00 am CST (Veterans United Foundation will accept a limited number of application submissions. The application period can end sooner if the number has been met.)
· Winners notified directly via email or phone on or before November 4, 2019.
Fill out the form below to apply.