Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
Spring 2015 Scholarship
This Scholarship opportunity is awarded through the Veterans United Foundation (VUF). The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization made up of financial contributions from the employees who work for Veterans United Home Loans. Our employees strongly believe in supporting our communities, our military and their families.
During this Spring 2015 scholarship cycle, VUF will be awarding up to two scholarships to eligible recipients. The amount of the award will range from $5,000-$20,000, as determined by the awards team.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Award recipient must be:
- A surviving spouse or surviving child of a fallen active duty service member or fallen Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a college or university by the fall semester of 2015
- Pursuing a trade or professional certificate, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Willing and able to submit a copy of your most recent FAFSA filing
- Willing and able to have our company bring you to Missouri for an employee awards presentation (April 24-26)
- Comfortable being interviewed, taped or recorded as part of the celebration event
- Comfortable sharing your personal story and aspirations for the future with others
- Willing to supply fallen parent or spouse military documents relevant to award criteria
- Willing to supply VUF with receipts or invoices related to eligible educational costs as they are incurred in order to receive payment. Eligible costs include tuition, books, fees, school materials, and some aspects of room and board as determined by the Foundation. Payments may be made directly to the school or reimbursed to the award recipient
Award will be given based on the following criteria:
- 2-3 page typed essay telling your story, explaining who you are, where your life has taken you and what you hope to pursue through your college education and beyond
- Financial need, as determined by the awards team based on FAFSA submission
- Community, Church, Sports or School Involvement or achievements
- Any additional information about you that you would like to have considered (may include photos, drawings, poems, additional writings, etc.)
- Application Period: Starts March 2 at 8:00am CST
- Notification of Award: April 9
- Discussions and Interviews with Award Winner(s): April 10-21
- Travel to Missouri: April 24-26
How to Apply:
Complete our online application to be considered for a scholarship.
Due to a high volume in applications, VUF will accept a limited number of application submissions this semester. Once that number has been met, the application link will be closed and no more applications will be accpeted. If the application count does not reach the maximum number of submissions allowed by VUF, the application link will close on Friday, March 20 at 5:00pm CST
*Please note that NO confirmation email will be sent from the Veterans United Foundation Scholarship program upon receiving your application and essay submission. Please do not email us requesting notification. Subsequently, no direct notification will be sent to the applicants who were not chosen as a winner of the scholarship.
Winners of the scholarship will be contacted directly via email or phone and asked to verify their enrollment at an accredited college